IEDC CENTRE FOR
AIC RAISE IEDC Centre focuses on igniting innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship spirit among students to evolve viable products and solutions addressing various problem statements of the society and to build global level startups from our Nation.
What is AIC RAISE IEDC Program?
AIC RAISE Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (AIC RAISE IEDC) is the programme launched by National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India. AIC RAISE IEDC will aim to inculcate the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the young S&T students, encourage and support start-up creation through guidance, mentorship and support.
Key Objectives of the Program:
1. To identify and spur innovation mindset among students
2. To provide a platform for students to develop their innovative ideas into products & solutions
3. To provide support for the implementation of evolved products & solutions
4 To support creating young entrepreneurs and startups across various disciplines
5. To channelize the knowledge and the energy of youth towards becoming active partners in the economic development process
6. To catalyze and promote development of knowledge-based and innovation-driven enterprises and promote employment opportunities amongst youth specially students
7. To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship
8. To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
What students will get from AIC RAISE IEDC Centre
In-depth exposure towards Innovation, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship
Zero fee trainings on Brainstorming, Brainwriting, Design Thinking
Support for Product Development through hands-on workshops and hackathons
Implementation of products and solutions
Participation in related capacity building programs
Connect with sector-specific Mentors and Industrial Experts
Salient features of AIC RAISE IEDC:
1. It is a five-year program to be implemented in an educational institution
2. A maximum of twenty new projects would be supported in a year
3. The projects should be students’ projects with a high degree of innovation and commercial viability
4. As far as possible, the projects may be multi-disciplinary in nature and should be executed by teams consisting of students drawn from various levels
5. The projects should also have a high degree of commercial viability to lead to possible startups by students.
Our Selection Process
For setting up AIC RAISE IEDC, proposals are invited from eligible institutions. A Sub-committee is constituted to critically examine and evaluate the proposals on various parameters namely; completeness of the proposal, innovation content, overall methodology and quality of student projects. Short listed institutions are invited for the final presentation before the National Expert Advisory Committee (NEAC) constituted by DST who in turn, recommends the eligible institutions. List of selected institutions is displayed on www.aicraise.com/iedc . The entire process takes about 4-6 months.
We look out for individuals who are passionate about entrepreneurship. They should show unwavering commitment to community development and positive change. Individuals who have the ability to mobilize support and resources for their work.
Strength and workability
The idea you present on the table should be workable and executable. It should be focused on solving a particular social or economic problem or a need that is not met in the society.
Willingness to Learn
We are out on the lookout for individuals who are open to learning and gaining new ideas. Individuals who will take feedback and criticisms positively and work on it to better themselves and their projects.
We look for individuals who are open to feedback and can gain from our non-financial support.
Focused Activities of the Program
1. Community Events
- 5+ Community events in an academic year
- Community events by Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Facebook, LinkedIn, TIE, IAN and 40+ communities/organizations
- Azure Demo day, Google DevFest, Google IO, Facebook Circles, LinkedIn Connect, Apple Demo day, Investor Pitches, and Startup Clinics etc.
- Direct intake into AIC RAISE’s unique Student Entrepreneurship Training Program, the “Next Founder”
- Industry specific knowledge to the students
- Students will be signed up for 30+ Mailing services which will contain Entrepreneurship, Tech events, Student competitions, reward programs, and Entrepreneurial progression news.
- Students would also be eligible to earn through our curated platform and part time through our student startup projects
- Students would get the opportunity to intern for 50+ partnering companies and startups
- Support for setting up Makerspace lab with hardware like 3D printer, Electronics, Educational Kits, Books, Decor and $1000 worth of software for institutions
- The lab can be in any model as Centre of Excellence, Industry lab, Fabrication Lab etc. based on the institution
- Awareness and support on various Government grants, funds and private sponsored funds available for promoting innovation and entrepreneurship
4. Startup Seed Fund
- Support for tech development projects for the institutions such as Web Development, Mobile Solutions, Digital Marketing and ERP
- Seed fund for selected innovative project ideas of students as a stipend or reimburse travel costs for international competitions
- Attracting Investors for selected innovative student projects and ideas to bring laurel and recognition to the institution.
5. Events Waiver
- Students of partner institutions are eligible for discounts in common events organized by AIC RAISE
- Events like startup pitches, technology learning, workshops, orientation and leadership programs are to be arranged
- Students get to attend the events with priority or host a student edition in their institution based on request and availability
6. Booster Discounts
- Students are entitled to receive discounts from 100+ partner companies
- The range of discounts includes tech discounts, entrepreneurial services and others
- The entire system would be managed under nodal centre as membership hence reducing the hassle for managing 100+ companies
7. Bootcamps, Hackathons & Social Impact
- Support to conduct one hackathon per year on tech and social impact domains. We also conduct bootcamps for students which creates an impact among students
- Our sophisticated network would help the student’s ideas to take form and implement in real life applications
- Government Organizations and Policy Makers will be involved to solve real life problems through these hackathons
- Industry change makers as Mentors for improvising the quality of hackathons to International standards and to bring collaboration to the institution
8. Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
- Students would receive discounts on native MOOC for topic of their choice
- Students would receive 100+ eBooks based on technology, startup, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Students would also be the first beta testers for online educational contents
- Register for the program
- Shortlisting of Institutions
- MoU signing between AIC RAISE and selected Institutions
- Implementation of the program.
Partners in the AIC RAISE IEDC Program
The project AIC RAISE IEDC is supported by National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development (NSTEDB), Department of Science & Technology (DST), and implemented by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad. EDII is a widely acclaimed International Resource Centre promoting entrepreneurship through education, research, training and institution building. Ever since its inception in 1983, the Institute has been spearheading entrepreneurship movement in the country and abroad.